Last night, I got to witness the greatness that is BEYONCE’! No, I’m not a member of the Beyhive, but I have to admit that I was in awe of her during the entire documentary. Only if you’ve been living under a rock for the last couple days will you not know that Beyonce’ Knowles-Carter released a documentary on Netflix yesterday. The documentary, Homecoming, chronicles Beyonce’s journey of preparing for her comeback performance after experiencing an extremely difficult pregnancy and delivery.
She gives us a very small glimpse into the process of creating her amazing show. We were also allowed to get a glimpse into her life as a mom! I won’t go too deep into the details of the documentary, just in case you want to see it for yourself. But, one of the main things that I learned from Bey is that with greatness comes a lot of sacrifice. There are so many things that I want to accomplish in life. However, I spend way too much time doing things that do not contribute to my growth or my goals. This woman sacrificed time with her children for 8 months to put on this amazing show. I should be able to give up a few hours of Netflix and Chillin’ to get to work. I have to do more.
Here are a few more things that I learned from the Homecoming documentary:
- You don’t have to let everyone know what you have going on. Do the work! And when you’re done, shock them with excellence!
- It takes a village. Beyonce’ does not do it all by herself. You cannot accomplish great things without the help of a team. It takes people who believe in your vision as much as you do. They must also be willing to work as hard as you.
- Every little thing you do, do it with intention, and attention to detail.
- There’s always something we can improve upon. Study your history/past. Be a student.
- You have to be humble. You have to be willing to look awkward. No matter what, keep going.
- What people don’t see is the sacrifice. Give up those things that are not helping you to reach your goals.
- “Live your truth. Tell your truth…to yourself first, and to your children. Live in the present. Don’t deny the past.” – Maya Angelou
- Take your crazy ideas and turn them into something! “If my country ass can do it, so can you!” – Beyonce’
- Being a mother is not an excuse to not follow your dreams.
Have you seen the documentary yet? If so, what did you learn from it?
Shop This Look
P.S. If you loved this post, make sure you subscribe!!!